The AIC Respirator Fit Test Program is targeted towards conservators who may not have access to a Safety Professional to conduct the test or do not have respirator fit testing available through their employer, but is open to all interested parties. This workshop is in accordance with the U.S. OSHA Standard (29CFR1910.134 - Respiratory Protection). The online lecture and fit test appointments will be conducted by a Certified Industrial Hygienist.
Individuals wishing to be fit for a respirator MUST:
- Register for the Respirator Fit Test “workshop” at the AIC Annual Meeting.
- Watch the REQUIRED online lecture and take the corresponding quiz.
- Schedule a fit test appointment. The appointments will be scheduled to take place in 15-minute intervals from 9:00am - 5:00pm on Tuesday, May 14, 2019.
- Complete a REQUIRED medical evaluation within twelve months PRIOR to your fit test. The medical evaluation must be performed by a healthcare professional. If you prefer not to use your own healthcare provider, FAIC can suggest a clinic that will review your evaluation questionnaire (additional $25 cost).
- Upload the Respirator Medical Clearance Approval Form signed by a healthcare professional to the portal or bring it to the scheduled fit test appointment.
- Bring their respirator to the scheduled appointment and get fit tested.
Appointments are limited. The last day to register for a Respirator Fit Test is May 7, 2019.